Over the past couple of years, NSSRH has been committed to expanding our scope of work beyond “choice”. While abortion care will always remain at the core of the work we do, we are actively moving toward embracing and supporting the Reproductive Justice framework. We have put out an organizational intention statement, updated our mission and vision, and went through a formal name change process. Most recently we created a position statement and core messaging that incorporates who we are, what we do, and why we are needed. As always, we welcome your feedback and thank you for your continued support.
NSSRH is a national grassroots organization dedicated to providing nursing students with the education, tools, and resources necessary to become social change agents within the healthcare system as it relates to sexual and reproductive justice.
Catalyst for social change, advancing holistic health with compassion, dignity and justice. For nursing students, faculty, alumni and allies, NSSRH is a recognized leader in advancing holistic, comprehensive sexual and reproductive health (SRH), including abortion, with compassion, dignity and justice. For over a decade, NSSRH has cultivated a bold and growing national network of grassroots nursing student activists to ensure the full spectrum of SRH education is integrated in nursing school curricula. NSSRH provides nursing students with the education, training and tools so they can make a difference in their patients’ daily lives, especially among the most marginalized and underserved communities.
- Compassion, Dignity, & Justice
- We are nursing student activists and leaders, and we’re committed to providing holistic sexual and reproductive health care with compassion, dignity, and justice.
WHO WE ARE
- Nursing Students for Sexual and Reproductive Health (NSSRH) is a catalyst for social change and a recognized leader fostering a bold and growing national grassroots network of nursing student activists.
- NSSRH is the leading organization founded by and for nursing students that has continued to embolden, inspire, and support nursing student leaders, providing them with the necessary tools, skills, and opportunities to become powerful agents of social change.
- NSSRH is a national organization supporting sexual and reproductive health and justice through grassroots power-building and advocacy to transform nursing education.
WHAT WE DO
- We advance holistic sexual and reproductive health with compassion, dignity, and justice.
- We provide nursing students with education, training, and tools to make a difference in their patients’ health and lives, while elevating the dignity and justice of the most marginalized and underserved communities.
- We elevate the voice of nurse leaders before key decision makers to ensure the full spectrum of sexual and reproductive health education, including abortion, is integrated into nursing school curricula.
- We believe holistic, comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education and services should include the full spectrum of care necessary to support decision-making around sexuality, gender identity and expression, reproduction, and pregnancy.
- We stand in solidarity with the Reproductive Justice and social justice movements to advance inclusion, equity, and dignity, and challenge systems that marginalize and harm people of color, young people, immigrants, LGBTQ people, and rural and low-income communities.
WHY WE’RE NEEDED/IMPACT
- Ensuring that sexual and reproductive health is included in nursing school curricula is critical to prepare nurses to meet the needs of our patients. We are working to fill that gap and transform the nursing education landscape.
- Many of us seek a nursing education because we want to change the world by providing holistic care with compassion and dignity. Unfortunately, if we support sexual, reproductive, and gender-affirming health care we may feel isolated at nursing school, or that the educational program doesn’t meet our needs. NSSRH creates a space where students come to find community and connect with like-minded people, advance educational goals, and build empowerment.
- We are building a nursing student activist corps to ensure that a full spectrum of sexual and reproductive health education is integrated into nursing school programs and prepare the next generation of nurses to provide quality care, including for the most marginalized and underserved communities.
Thanks to ConwayStrategic for their partnership in messaging creation.