Last updated 2 March 2022
Your privacy is important to NSRH. We developed this Privacy Notice to provide you with information on how we process your personal data when you create an NSRH account, interact with our Team, visit NSRH.org or visit other NSRH websites or use NSRH apps that include a link to this Privacy Notice.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
- We are NSRH, the data controller.
- You can contact NSRH if you have any questions.
- You can mail us at: Nurses for Sexual and Reproductive Health, PO Box 14209, St. Paul, MN 55114
- Email us at: [email protected]
- Or call us at: 651-917-6492
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right under the General Data Protection Regulation:
- To be informed about our processing of your personal data
- To have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- To object to processing of your personal data
- To restrict of processing of your personal data
- To have your personal data erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- To request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- To move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”)
- In relation to automated decision making, including profiling
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority against NSRH. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law.
“Personal data” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home and business address, email address, home/business and mobile numbers);
- >Student info including school, anticipated degree(s), anticipated credential(s), anticipated graduation date;
- Information about participation in one of NSRH chapters;
- Professional info including degree(s), credential(s), employer information;
- Demographic info including current gender identity, current sexual orientation, race(s), ethnicity;
- Info about attendance at NSRH events
- Optional info about reasons why you became a member, your member experience, marketing preferences, etc.
- Info about courses taken and completed in our LMS including CE completion and tracking
Information about Other People: via our websites, you can submit personal information about other people. For example, you might submit the name and e-mail address of an individual to have them sent NSRH information directly. The personal information that may be collected about other people on these pages may include the recipient's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We do not use the recipient's personal information for any other purpose unless given direct permission from the recipient.
Purposes and Legal Grounds
- As necessary to perform our contract with you for the service.
- NSRH processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign in to your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on NSRH’s legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
- NSRH processes your email address, delivery address and credit card information for the purpose of sending you items from the shop and/ or processing membership dues. In the case of a recurring donation or membership, NSRH will store your credit card information in the secure Payroc service.
- If you provide your opt-in consent to receiving marketing information from NSRH, NSRH will also process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about NSRH products and services. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your preferences in your NSRH account or through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails
- NSRH also processes your email address to associate it with your NSRH account when you interact with our Team. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
- NSRH may process demographic information in order to ensure that the recruitment and marketing activities will support building a diverse and equitable community. This information is optional and the legal ground for processing is consent.
Transfers and Shares of Personal Data
When you create an NSRH account, add personal data to your account profile, or upload data to your NSRH account, your personal data will be collected and stored on NSRH servers in the US.
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
- Sub-contractors and other persons who help us provide our products and services
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors
- Fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies, and debt collection agencies
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests
Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to automatically decline many of these technologies, or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
Here is an example of a third-party provider of analytics and similar services we currently use:
- Google: Google Analytics is used to track site statistics and user demographics, interests and behaviour on websites. We also use Google Search Console to help understand how our website visitors find our website and to improve our search engine optimization. Find out more information about how this analytics information may be used, how to control the use of your information, and how to opt-out of having your data used by Google Analytics.
Retention of Personal Data
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data: We will retain your personal data as long as your NSRH account is considered to be active. We will retain technical information about your visits to NSRH websites for 12 months.
We request individuals under 16 not provide personal data to NSRH. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
We have implemented measures in an effort to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information in our custody and control, including only providing access to personal information to employees and authorised service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this document. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorised access, use, modification and
disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. To provide you with an increased level of security online, access to your personal information on certain of our websites may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication.