The NSRH Online Institute is one of our most exciting offerings. The Online Institute is a digital learning platform for NSRH members that fills critical gaps in SRH education and improves nursing knowledge and skills around comprehensive sexual and reproductive healthcare. Utilizing an intersectional and user-centric approach to education, the Online Institute educates nurses on how SRH ties into all fields of nursing while also tieing in SRH into critical concepts and issues related to reproductive justice and reproductive rights. For more information on how the NSRH education team approaches nursing education to center equity and justice, please read this blog!
As frontline healthcare providers, RNs, advanced practice nurses, and midwives provide a great deal of sexual and reproductive healthcare services in this country, yet few nursing education programs in the US include a comprehensive SRH curriculum. This lack of education in SRH serves as a barrier to providing comprehensive care to communities. To address these gaps, NSRH has curated accessible and engaging modules and webinars designed to help you increase your proficiency in SRH all while acquiring CE hours! Take a sneak peek at one of our modules!
If you are an NSRH Member, you can access the Online Institute through your Member Portal. Interested in unlimited access to our Online Institute? Become a member today!
Below is a is list of our courses, but make sure to check-out our entire Online Institute for full course descriptions!
- New Member Onboarding
- Student Chapter Organizing
- How to Host a Papaya Workshop
2023 Member Education Series | Transformative Nursing: Deconstructing Punitive Healthcare
- Sex Work & Human Trafficking: Navigating Complexities to Reduce Harm
- Criminalization of Pregnancy: Miscarriage, Infertility & Nursing Practice in a Post-Roe America
- Perinatal Substance Use: Harm Reduction for Nurses
- Care in Crisis: Resisting Criminalization of Mental Health in Nursing
Foundations of Sexual & Reproductive Health Nursing
- Nursing Values & Ethics in SRH Care (1 CE)
- Reproductive Justice for Nurses (1 CE)
- Sexual & Reproductive Health & Nursing (1 CE)
- Abortion & Public Health (1 CE)
- Gynecologic Care of Patients with Physical Disabilities (1 CE)
Pregnancy Options & Contraception
- Pregnancy Options Counseling (1 CE)
- Adoption for Health Professionals (1 CE)
- Abortion 101: Medical Management (1 CE)
- Contraception: An Overview (1 CE)
- Bleeding and Contraception (1 CE)
- Contraception During Cancer Care (1 CE)
- Substance Use Disorder & Family Planning Care (1 CE)
- Postpartum Contraception & Lactation (1 CE)
Advocacy and Activism
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (1 CE)
- Abortion Provision, Access & Nursing: Clinical Care & Tele-medicine Webinar
- Black Women’s Sexual Well-Being: Sex Positive Implications for Nursing Professionals (1 CE)
- Online Privacy for SRH Nurse Advocates
- Environmental Justice: Impact on Reproductive Health & Justice (1.5 CE)
- Mandatory Reporting & Self Managed Abortion
- The System Isn’t Broken, It’s Working as Designed: Liberatory Strategies for Health Systems Change
- Endocrine Disruptors: Connection Between Environmental & Reproductive Health
Frequently Asked Questions:
Through the Online Institute, NSRH provides interactive modules, webinars, and discussion guides all on a variety of sexual and reproductive health and justice topics. The education we create addresses gaps in nursing school curriculum an is not available through other continuing education providers. We are the only nursing-specific organization that addresses nursing care and comprehensive SRH through a justice and health equity framework. Check out our courses here!
We also offer in-person and virtual education events.
NSRH is accredited through the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide continuing education (CE) hours. After completing a CE accredited course on the Online Insitute you be prompted to input your nurse license number which will be included on your certificate. You can access all certficates in your "My Account" tab on your Online Insitute profile. If you are a nursing student and do not hold a nurse license, you can still receive a certificate of completion.
Once you are a member, you will have immediate access to our entire Online Institute catalog where you can listen to webinars, complete modules, and receive CE credits. You have to be a member of NSRH to access the Online Institute. Join today! If cost of membership is a barrier, please email [email protected].
NSRH hosts member-only education and social events as part of a member benefit.
NSRH also hosts education and community events open to both members and non-members, members will receive discounted registration.
If you do not have a nurse license number, you can still complete the post-course survey and receive a certificate as proof of completion.
All of your CE certificates are stored and available for download under 'My Account > Certificates' in your Online Institute account. If you are having issues with your Online Institute account, please email [email protected]
Our goal is to release new content to the Online Institute every quarter. The offerings released will vary from interactive modules, recorded webinars and online member events.
We encourage our members to participate in creating content for the Online Institute. As frontline providers, you all have expertise in providing SRH care in your communities. In order to participate in content creation, a member would have to be at a trust level three. Click here for more information on our trust system and vetting process.
We are committed to uplifting the knowledge of the communities most impacted by inadequate healthcare. We recognize the innate expertise that comes from lived experience and encourage folks to reach out to [email protected] if they are interested in contributing their knowledge to our nurses and allies. Community partners would not need to join as an NSRH member to be eligible for content creation opportunities.